Navigare necesse est
The Group takes its name from the Barbaro family, which has been operating in the field of maritime transportation for 200 years.
Our story begins with our great-great-grandfather Marcello Barbaro and the ship Silenzio (Silence), registered with the number 2 in the Italian Naval Registry.
Today we operate with over 200 employees. The group is led by Alfredo and Gianni Barbaro, who in the last 40 years have greatly contributed to the evolution and innovation of our industry and business. Never losing sight of our experience and tradition, we have transformed our vision into a concrete reality.
In our industry “know-how” is used to define and implement best practices: to manage operations with environmental efficiency, to increase social responsibility and to ensure the safety of people, ships and transported cargoes.
In designing the logistics of a maritime transportation business, we consider:
- Sustainable business practices with respect for the environment.
- The constant progress of technology to improve management’s contribution to workflow organization, and the continuous transparency of business processes.
As tanker ship owners, we are in the unique position of providing top quality shipping services. Through regular evaluation and training, we ensure that our management and crews comply with the ever-changing technological and regulatory demands of our industry.
Integrity toward work, customers and employees is the basis on which our organization is built. The opportunities and our shipowners’ experience allowed us to realize our vision, to experiment and innovate.
We embrace the simplicity of an evolving tradition where the use and support of technology, and the intersection of knowledge can actually change the world and transform our lives for the better.
Our activities and interests outside the transport industry share the same values-based approach:
- Our resort Mari del Sud has been called “a gem of sustainability”
- We received praise for two rescue operations by our ships in the Atlantic
- We were recognized with an award from the International Petrolium Institute for bringing enviromental friendly transportation in Russia
- Our foundation facilitates cultural exchange, and with an annual scholarship to study abroad, fosters the education of bright young students
We are proud of our business experience and are open for future challenges and opportunities.
The knowledge acquired over 200 years has allowed us to navigate the market, to innovate according to its demands, and sometimes, to create it.
This is what gives real meaning to the words innovation, sustainability and responsibility.